"We create community and economic value through diverse opportunities of personal growth and healthy lifestyle by providing quality programs and services."
The Recreation and Community Services Department provides opportunities for wholesome, year-round public recreational service for every age group in the City of Ontario. Through a comprehensive array of programs and events, the department continually strives to meet the City Council's goal to provide enhanced recreational, educational and cultural activities to the community.
Recreation & Parks Commission
Ken Dean - Chairperson
Rita Nelsen - Vice-Chairperson
Virginia Riley - Member
Larry Trinidad - Member
Marty Binney - Member
Elizabeth Ricci - Member
Gary Ovitt - Member
Consuelo Guzman - Student Representative
Michael Hernandez- Alternate Student Representative
The Recreation and Community Services Department employs a staff of 21 full-time and 150 part-time employees providing services at community centers, parks and schools throughout the City of Ontario.
Recreation & Community Services Department Values
BE COMMITTED TO THE COMMUNITY
Commitment to Service –
- We actively respond to community needs by facilitating, problem solving and empowering.
- We acknowledge our internal customers and treat them with the same courtesy and respect as our external customers.
- We recognize the need to explore new innovative ideas and procedures to better meet the community’s changing needs and trends. We will take extra effort to be environmentally attentive and responsible in all that we do.
- We recognize the value and significance of building partnerships to maximize resources while delivering the highest quality of community commitment.
ACHIEVE EXCELLENCE THROUGH TEAMWORK
Accountability / Teamwork –
- We treat and value all members of the organization as individuals and conduct our work in an atmosphere of trust and courtesy through open communication.
- We accept ownership of our role in the organization by taking responsibility and continuously striving to expand our knowledge to fulfill our potential.
- We set measurable and attainable goals which support the priorities of the City’s vision.
Integrity / Trust / Transparency –
- We are committed to truthfulness, fairness and the highest professional and ethical standards.
DO THE RIGHT THING THE RIGHT WAY
- We maintain quality and creativity by utilizing a consistent approach and process.
- We practice sound management; contributing to continuous economic growth as guardians of the public’s resources.
- We are sensitive to and acknowledge the uniqueness of every individual within the organization and larger community through fostering and accepting differences.