City of Ontario
Community and Public Services Agency
Ontario Museum of History & Art
Approach to Public Service
The public service mission of the Ontario Museum of History & Art is to serve Ontario’s communities as a trusted source of knowledge, learning and inspiration.
Commitment to the Community
* Our role as a welcoming and inclusive civic asset.
* Sensitivity and responsiveness to the evolving nature of the community.
* Our role in life-long learning.
* Local and regional audiences and we welcome visitors to our community.
Excellence through Teamwork
* The individual investments of volunteers, donors, and other supporters.
* Mutually beneficial partnerships with other city departments, the education and business communities and other community organizations.
* Participation in downtown development.
* The role of the arts and local heritage in developing communities and cultural leadership.
Doing the Right Thing the Right Way
* Professional and ethical operations.
* Preservation and interpretation of our local heritage beginning with the Old City Hall, Ontario Historic Landmark #2, which houses the museum.
Last updated: 8/26/2015 1:58:28 PM